Monday, August 26, 2013

First Days

       So I have arrived in Croatia safe and unharmed. The flights were relatively long and boring, not much sleep was had and many tears were shed. After I was picked up by my wonderful host mother, father, and brothers Filip 12 and Jakoff 4, I was brought to my new flat on the 15th floor of a skyscraper located 5 minutes away from the center of Zagreb. After unpacking and eating we went to the center with a 17 year old girl named Petra who lives in our building. The city is beautiful it has a sort of Italian flair to it, though it is still war torn and is painted with graffiti it is still wonderful to look at and very beautiful. My time spent here has been overwhelming so far but learning the language, which Filip is helping me do, and beginning school should help to regulate my life here. The next day we visited the zoo which is the largest and nicest in this part of Europe. Many people travel here from out of the country, though we would consider it a medium or smaller zoo. It is located inside a park one three islands in a very small lake. The more I do the better my days go.

3 comments: