Wednesday, September 4, 2013

School Days

These last few days have been pretty nice. Though I haven't done much and have had to sit in a classroom for 6 hours understanding maybe 1 hour of it it's been good. The first day of school was overwhelming but I found out another exchange student, Heather, is in my class which is good and also that all my classmates (you keep the same group of people for every class here) are very welcoming and want to befriend us. The actual classes are pointless because they are all taught in Croatian except for English, math, and physics. Which will be my 3 to focus on getting transferred back home. I have one girl in my class, Dora, who is extremely nice to me and we are becoming friends. Though school is very different here and the kids have more liberties than I had every imagined its nice to finally be around people my own age. Also, Croatian classes have started which I take with the other Rotary students and are very fun because we are all together, though I believe our teacher, Sylvia, is strict enough to keep us in line. This weekend I think we are going to the seaside, or coast, to either and island or small city. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you're making more and more friends. Enjoy the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackenzie, What fun to hear from you!!! Sounds like you are settling in well. I'd write to you in Croatian, but neither one of us would know what was said. Keep those blogs coming. Love & prayers, GrMa GrPa

    ReplyDelete