Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Week


So it has officially been a week since I have arrived in Croatia and the last couple of days have been hectic!! The rotary meeting on Wendsday was really nice because instead of being formal it was more of a gathering for all the Zagreb exchange students to meet. They all seemed really nice and I learned two of them, Alfonso and Heather, will be attending my school. All the students are from America except for 2 boys from Mexico, a girl from Germany, and a girl from Finland. There are 19 in total. The next day we went to Vrazdan for a street fair that was very exciting. So much was happening like food, street performers, games and dancing by the castle, and concerts in the main square. It was one of the best nights. Then we headed off to Slovenia to Gigi's house, my grandfather. There I hung out with my aunts, Sanja and Eda, who are young enough to be my sisters and their friends. I enjoyed being around people closer to my age, it is one of my top two nights so far. Markof, Eda's boyfriend, even gave me a Croatian name, Marna. Later that night we headed out to my host parents small house in the country. The next day we went to a small river and then headed back to Zagreb. Tomorrow is my first day of school which I am excited for. I hope to meet many people my own age and start to develop relationships.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting, was there yummy food at the street fair?

    ReplyDelete